Companionship is one of the many services we offer our clients that provides older family members with a sense of friendship, and someone to lean on during everyday events of life. Loneliness can be as much of a struggle as other health issues and knowing someone is there with your loved one in case of an emergency provides peace of mind for you as well.
Our companionship services include:
- Attending outings and ceremonies so your loved one has someone to talk to and spend time with while they’re out and about. A companion can also offer mobile assistance as well as driving to and from the event.
- Read and Play Games with your loved one while they’re with them at home. This encourages thinking and keeping their mind sharp as well as good old fashioned fun and happiness.
- Going on walks around the house or neighborhood, depending on their physical ability and where they live. Getting outdoors more, the fresh air and getting some physical exercise can be helpful both physically and emotionally.
- Attending family engagements such as birthday parties, dinners, anniversaries, and more. Knowing someone is there to watch your loved one and keep them company during a celebration helps keep your mind at ease and your loved one cared for.
- Visitors can vary from an old friend to the electrician fixing an issue in the house. Having someone there your loved one trusts is both for safety and encouragement.
- Medical Appointments are a regular part of most older family members’ routines, and a companion can drive them there and be with them during regular appointments for assurance and support.
- Grocery Shopping can be a scary errand as you get older, but hiring a companion gives your loved one someone who can drive them there, help them shop and check out, and help unload the groceries when they’re back home.
Companionship is so important to every person, but it is especially vital as you get older and lose the ability to go out as much as you once did. Our companions can keep your loved ones company and provide a friend they can look forward to seeing often.
For more information see our Care Services Chart.